Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Friday 24 August 2012

I Won't Give Up

I had an ok week. The campers were fine. The co counselor on the other hand could use some work. But it was an extremely difficult week emotionally. I just wanted to share a sort of devotion/testimony that one of the other counselors told me. It refers to the song I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz. Instead of think about the lyrics as in between a couple, they thought about it as between themselves and God.  One of the lines is (obviously)' I won't give up on us'. You can look at this from either God's perspective or your own. I like to think of it from God and His everlasting and unconditional love for us. Another line says, 'and when you're needing your space, to do some navigating, I'll be here patiently waiting to see what you find'. It's like God talking. So even if we fall away from God or just don't talk to Him for a while or anything like that, He'll still be there waiting for us to come back. Also, when it says, 'even if the skies get rough, I'm still looking up'. So when things don't go the way we wanted or planned, we can still rely on God to do what is right. 'I'm giving you all my love' is another line, pretty self explanatory. One line says, 'God knows we're worth it'. We have a purpose. Even if we don't know what it is or we aren't sure why things are happening to us, to remember God has a plan for us and we just have to trust Him on that. 'I don't want to be someone who walks away so easily, I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make' can be seen as we want to stick with God, never let go kind of thing. And also that we have a job to tell people about Him, make a difference in the world. 'Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts we got'. God gave us each a special talent / gift and we should use it for Him.  I just think its cool how they took a mainstream song that probably wasn't intended to religious and saw a deeper meaning in the words. Last week of camp is here, I can't believe it. I gt to counsel with my BFFLAAT week, should be tons of fun and a little crazy. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are getting so wise! So proud of you this summer. Enjoy the last week of camp. enjoy every second...as you know...life is short...there is no time to waste. Love you. J

    ReplyDelete