Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Long Time No See

If I tried to tell you all about my summer, I could go on for pages and pages until my hands went numb from typing, and still have more stories to tell. So I'm not going to say much. I loved this summer. It was easily the most exhausting and demanding summer I've had at camp, but I loved every minute of it. And I'm so proud of everything I accomplished. From being nervous about how to do my job, to getting into a routine, to becoming comfortable enough to change the routine just for the sake of changing it. Not many 19 year olds can say they ran the entire kitchen operation of a summer camp for 400 people. I loved all of the people I worked with in the kitchen, and all of the people I got to hang out with in my brief times off. I'm going to miss them, and I'm going to miss camp. As much as we get sick of it, I know I would go back to camp in a heartbeat.

Now I'm in Stratford at UWaterloo's satellite campus. I'm not really looking forward to classes (who is?) but I'm really excited about living in Stratford. It's a really nice town. And I'm a small town kind of person. Some (a lot) have decided to commute between Waterloo and Stratford. It will be interesting to see how that works out and how often they miss class because of the commute.

357. How can I win your heart?
I'm not sure, but you can get close to it with food ;)

358. Can insanity bring on more creativity?
Definitely.

359. What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
To follow Jesus.

360. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
Kind of a strange thing to think about. My name, b. date and d. date. A quote, maybe? The reference to my favourite bible verse, whatever it happens to be at the time. 

1 comment: