Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Catan > Bowling

It is with mixed feelings that I let you know that the SSC event for tonight - bowling - has been cancelled, after my last post boasted of the success of the club. We had 6 people sign up, but then two backed out, so we decided to cancel it. Hopefully our event next week will do better. I think bowling was a bit of a stretch for people anyways. People would rather watch movies or go to pubs together.
The upside of bowling being cancelled, on the other hand, is that Mara, Marissa and I are now going to play Settlers of Catan instead. I'd choose Catan over bowling any day. I'm especially excited because I've 3D printed two resource hexes (rock and wood), so I'll finally be able to put them to use.
We might be co-hosting an event with the GBDA Society next week for a horror movie night. Only, Mara, Marissa and I are not interested in watching horror movies. So basically, we're just going to help promote the event and then not watch the movie.
Our professor asked us today to bring half a dozen cardboard boxes to class tomorrow. He didn't elaborate at all. Where the heck am I going to get cardboard boxes? I might go to the LCBO across the road and see if they have any I can use. He also asked us to bring tape "or anything that sticks". I ain't bringing my tape and having it all wasted on what I'm sure will ultimately be a useless exercise.
Speaking of which, I should tell you about our guest lecture with Jordan. First of all, Jordan is my favourite Stratford Campus staff member. I was very excited when I heard that he would be guest lecturing in our class. The class consisted entirely of us playing with Little Bits and Makey Makey parts, both of which are electrical circuit toys for kids. He was using them as a representation of the Internet of Things and how all the parts interact. It was basically 2hrs of goofing off. Perhaps the more entertaining thing was everybody's snapchat stories. Just about every snapchat story I looked at that day was of people showing the Little Bits and saying things like "what even is university" "Engineering at UW" "#GBD4". But it was actually kind of cool because you could connect it to your laptop and play one-button games by interacting with the Little Bits.
I'm currently working on updating my personal website for a e-Portfolio project I have this term. And no, I won't tell you what the URL to my site is. Not until I'm done with it at least. It looks fine, but I'm thinking of changing the layout, or at least the colour scheme. It's also horribly outdated.
One last thing: I'm very excited for the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie, not just because the first one was awesome, and not just because I'd watch Chris Pratt in just about anything, but because of tiny Groot! He's way at the bottom of the poster, by Starlord's feet :) I'm going to be freaking out the entire movie purely about Groot *he's so cute*

No comments:

Post a Comment