Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Time To Spare

I woke up at 6:55 today, just like I do every day.  And as per usual, I reached for my iPod.  I like to play a game or two to wake myself up. And then it happened. (see my reference to a great book series there?).  While I was waiting for the game to load, I fell asleep.  I woke up again at 7:53.  I did not believe it the first, second or third time I looked at the clock. There was a text waiting from a friend that if I wanted a ride she was leaving now.  It was then that I realized that needed to start getting ready, fast. (Needless to say, I turned down the ride).  It wasn't until later that I figured out what had happened.  I threw on some clothes, grabbed my lunch, my backpack and a croissant and was out the door.  Now usually I make it to school by 8:05. I sit in my math class for ten minutes before the bell rings and the day starts.  Today, I am proud to say that i was in my seat in math class at 8:12.  I was still waiting around for 3 minutes before the bell rang.  And so even though my entire day has been thrown off since, I have to say that I am AWESOME.  When I was telling some of my friends about this adventure, one said, "Wow. You look pretty good for 7:53!" meaning that for having virtually no time I looked good. Score! And to make it better, I'm going to Union Burger for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment