Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Monday 2 March 2015

So Will You Be My Life Support?

(title taken from Sam Smith's Life Support)

I am emotionally unstable right now. Case in point: I was taking a walk around campus to stretch my legs before class and I was listening to Sam Smith and I started crying (not a lot, but there were definitely sobs). I've never been like this before. I'm pretty sure it's a mix of everything that's been going on over the past couple weeks. I haven't been in my routine for over two weeks now and I don't like it. Although I'd much rather be at home doing nothing, I'm glad I'll be able to get back into my routine. Unfortunately I can't get back into my routine quite yet because I'm trying to catch up on work that didn't get done this past weekend. I have a midterm later this week and another one early next week, and I haven't started studying yet. And this basically leads back to my previous post about stress and not being able to cope.
This weekend I'm going on a day trip to Niagara Falls with my international peer mentee. It looks like it should be fun. The only thing I'm worried about it my mentee is bringing a friend so I'll probably become a third wheel on this expedition. But it should still be fun. And it will be a big step towards the 20hrs we need to spend together this term, which had me freaking out.
I'm just praying really hard that this all works out.

316. If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Benedict Cumberbatch (and his wife and baby).

317. What do you think about most?
How I'm going to survive what's coming up next.

318. Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Only poems that start with "Roses are red / Violets are blue..."

319. Do you have any strange phobias?
Not that it's really strange, but I fear the unknown in the not knowing what's happening kind of sense. I don't fear the distant unknown. But more like if we're going out for a day, I need to know when we're going, who's going, why we're going, when we'll be back, etc.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE coping. Sometimes coping isn't pretty...it's just getting by and through. There are times I need a good cry too! It does a world of good. Such a great release. Don't worry about that...you're just human. How did the trip with your me tee work out?

    ReplyDelete