Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Friday 9 January 2015

Lonely Friday Nights

I was going to go to Charge (P2C) this evening, but the bus never came, so that didn't happen. My friend who was also going got caught up with something with her family, so she couldn't make it either. Clearly we weren't meant to go tonight. But this meant that suddenly I had a Friday night ahead of me with nothing planned. So I made cookies. Red velvet with mini white chocolate chips. They're really tasty. And I didn't really do anything else. I was trying to fill a void, to be honest. My roommates went out with some friends to a pub/club (I'm not sure which) so I was alone. It got a little lonely. I was floating around on the internet but nothing interested me. I probably could have got some work done, but I used the excuse that it's Friday, so I should take a break.

I'm listening to You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

306. Been caught doing something you weren't supposed to do?
Maybe more like something I was supposed to do but wasn't doing. When I was little we had to take these awful gummy vitamins. I hated them. So I started going to the bathroom immediately after dinner and I would spit it out into the garbage. I always made sure to cover it with a piece of toilet paper so I wouldn't get caught. I even crumpled the toilet paper so it wouldn't look so obvious. That lasted for a while. But one time when my mom was emptying the garbage, she found them. And not just one, but lots of them. I was caught. Thinking back on this now, it would have been smarter of me to not take the same colour gummy every time, because that immediately told my parents that it was me, and not my siblings, that was spitting them out. Occasionally, I would still spit them out, but in different garbage cans and wrapped in toilet paper. Thank goodness I don't have to take them anymore.

307. Do you have a best friend of the opposite sex?
Nope.

308. Have you ever loved someone?
Truly (not including family)? No.

309. Who would you like to see right now?
My family.

No comments:

Post a Comment