Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 11 November 2014

I'm Going Abroad!

I'm going to study abroad! Well, I've applied...to be able to apply to study abroad. I've just submitted my forms to (hopefully!) study at the University of Leeds during 2016. It's pretty exciting. My friend (who has also applied to Leeds) and I were looking at google maps today of Britain and looking up places that we wanted to visit when if we go. So far, I want to go to the Museum of Brands, Packaging & Advertising, The Sherlock Holmes Museum and Madame Tussauds London. :)
Also, check out this cool art installation (by Paul Cummins) at the Tower of London to commemorate fallen soldiers:


"Each of the 888,246 blooms [which are ceramic] represents a British or Colonial military death during the First World War, which began a century ago." Really makes a statement, doesn't it? 
Lest we forget. 
images taken from here.

4 comments: