Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Snack Phenomenon

As the scientist that I am, I have developed the Snack Phenomenon that I have seen occurring in my living environment. It deals with available snacks at any given time. Snacks are classified as a small portion, most often sweet, that is easily accessible and good for afternoon snacks or dessert. The phenomenon that occurs (which I call the dense snacking time) is that if there's one snack present, there are at least 3 other snacks present at the same time. They all arrive at approximately the same time, and most often are consumed by the same time as well. There is then what I like to call the empty period, in which there are no snacks.  Anywhere. The empty period then leads to the recharge period. This consists of when family members notice the empty period and do everything in their power to exit the empty period. Cookies will be bought, brownies will be made, secret stashes will be revealed, etc.  However, this leads to the dense snacking time to occur again. It is a vicious circle. An annoying one at that.

On a completely different note, I am giving up Pinterest for Lent. I think I will be able to do it. I might have to delete my bookmark and app to make it through, though. I tried encouraging my parents to make it mandatory that everybody in the family give something up, but to no prevail.  I'm going to a friends birthday party tomorrow. It's at a place I've never been before, so I'm excited to go. More so to just hang out, but its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment