Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Doctor Who

Just finished some doodles from the last two new Doctor Who episodes.
This is just one line from a monologue that the Doctor delivers near the end of the episode The Rings of Akhaten.
"I walked away from the Last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe, and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space – just me. I've walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a madman. I've watched universes freeze and creations burn. I have seen things you wouldn't believe. I have lost things you will never understand. And I know things. Secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken, knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze! So, come on, then! Take it! Take it all, baby! Have it! You have it all!"
I'm debating showing you the picture that this is based off of because the you would be able to see how out of proportion he is. But I suppose you could google it just as easily, so hear you go:


(BTW, the big red thing is a parasite planet god thing that is requesting things of sentimental value and since the Doctor is over 1000 years old, he has a lot to offer. He is offering himself up to prevent a little girl being entirely consumed. )
And I also did this one:

This is from Cold War. The quote really has nothing to do with the plot line. The Doctor is explaining what these creatures are. It's a continuity thing, the Doctor met the Ice Warriors in the classic series (before the show died out and was revived again). 
Here's the Ice Warrior:





1 comment: