Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Monday 8 April 2013

Soap

My mom has a thing for soap. I think it started on time when bath and body works was having a sale or something. But ever since then, she's always on the look out for soap sales and buying fancy soaps. The thing is, my mom has a very low tolerance for scents. So, why would somebody with a low scent tolerance be buying fancy soaps? I ask myself this question a lot. Particularly when a new soap bottle is brought out from the STASH of hand soaps that she has. Right now my hands could smell like fresh picked cherries or garden fresh cucumber. Or even California poppies. Does California even have poppies? And if you want your hands to smell like the ocean, you just missed your chance because we just ran out of Pacific blue.  However, do not get any ideas from the post about buying my mom fancy soaps as a gift or what have you. We have MORE THAN ENOUGH soap right now sitting, waiting to be used. And also, chances are you would buy a 'scent to strong' and it would never get used. I do have to admit, we were given this soap/lotion package which is citrus and basil scented. Now that is a weird combination.

1 comment:

  1. Just for the record: we do not have any liquid hand soaps stashed away. Perhaps that is a good thing as it means that people are actually washing their hands.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete