Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Saturday 10 May 2014

Advertising

I don't know how much I've complained about advertising on here (I know I've done it out loud to other people), but I am startled at how pathetic and cheesy some of the advertisements I see are.  Especially since I've been in school for digital media, I've really noticed it. I'll point out, oh that was sad, or, that does not make me want to buy their product/service. However, my dad showed me this promo for VW Golf, which I think is very clever. Somebody at VW marketing is actually using their brain. Faith in humanity ('s ability to advertise) restored. Basically what happens is every second they drop the price just over a cent (dropping the price almost $1000/day). Once the price has dropped enough that you want to buy it, all you have to do is hit the button and get to a dealership within a month to get your new VW Golf for the special price. But here's the catch: once somebody hits the button, the countdown resets to the regular price and starts all over again. Cool, huh? I'm curious as to how quickly someone will hit the button. Last I checked, someone must have hit the button only a couple hours ago, but I don't know how much of a discount they got. Starting at just under $19,000.00, it's currently at $18,855.44. Let me know how low you see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment