Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Sunday 9 March 2014

Are you ever really lonely but you don't want to interact with anyone and so you just try and fill the void yourself but it doesn't really work?


111. Do you like bubble baths?
Um yea I guess, I haven't had a lot of experience with them.

We want what we can't have, commodity makes us want it
So expensive, damn, I just got to flaunt it
Got to show 'em, so exclusive, this that new shit
A hundred dollars for a pair of shoes I would never hoop in
Look at me, Look at me, I'm a cool kid
I'm an individual, yeah, but I'm part of a movement
My movement told me to be a consumer and I consumed it
They told me to just do it, I listened to what that swoosh said
Look at what that swoosh did
See it consumed my thoughts
Are you stupid, don't crease 'em, just leave 'em in that box
- Wing$, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get peopled out...need alone time. But sometimes I am tempted to take the "easy road " and not go to things I'm invited to...cuz i don't feel like being "on" or putting myself out there...and usually I find if i go I'm glad I did. Going to the movies with someone is a good way to be with someone without always having to talk. There is a good book about being an introvert called Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking by Susan Cain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just some random thoughts cuz your post made me sad.

    ReplyDelete