Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 11 March 2014

My Walk: A Summary

I went on a walk today around Ring Rd because it was so beautiful. And here are some comments on said walk:
- it was like 5 degrees and I was loving it
- my boots are not as waterproof as I had hoped they would be
- personal space. Ok, so I was walking on the right side of the sidewalk, like you're supposed to. I wasn't like right at the edge, but I wasn't walking in the middle of the sidewalk either. There's this guy walking towards me in the middle of the sidewalk. And he just keeps walking in the middle as he passes me. I mean, it's not like we were going to collide or anything, but personal bubble, buddy. You could take one step to the side. Yeesh.
- janitor standing at the side of a building just casually flossing his teeth. No biggie
- there are Asians everywhere
- it should not go back to being cold
- because this is beautiful
- trying to sing along to the song your listening to but you don't want others to think that you're talking to yourself
- I've always wanted to wear a pedometer
- but then I feel like I would just get really depressed about the lack of steps I was taking

112. Do you like your neighbours?
Yeah, they're ok I guess. I don't really talk to them a lot, but they say hi in the hall which is nice. They could tidy their room up a little though. And maybe open the blinds every once in a while.

113. What are your bad habits?
Convincing myself that it's okay to read another chapter, and then ending up going to bed at like 2AM. (it's even worse if I'm on tumblr, cause it's just infinite scroll, so there's no break where I can tell myself, this is where you'll stop)

It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes up on the wall
- Sad Song, We The Kings feat. Elena Coats



1 comment: