Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Thursday 30 May 2013

Prom Day

This morning has changed my life. Today, for those who don't know, today is my prom. Now, a lot of people (mainly girls) didn't come to school today. But I figured I didn't need to miss an entire day of school. And my math teacher said she was teaching a lesson, and I didn't want to miss that. However, I didn't want to look tired so instead of waking up at 7am like I do every morning, I woke up at 7:30. I have art first, and so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if I showed up late. So I wake up and I'm getting ready and I'm not looking at the clock, because I just want to take my time and not rush. I get to school an what do I hear? A song playing over the PA system. Let me explain the morning PA system at Oakridge to you. They play random songs before classes when people are arriving. But then Mission Impossible starts playing in the last 5 mins before you have to be in class. When I arrived, a random song was playing. So do you see how this changed my life. For the past 4 years I have been getting up at 7 and making it to school on time when I could have been waking up at 7:30 and still have plenty of time to make it to school before the bell. I could have been sleeping an extra half hour every day. And I would discover this when there's only a month left of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment