Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Friday 24 February 2012

Free Time

The play last night was good overall.  There was nothing on stage for the entire play, every prop got rolled on or off at some point.  The transitions between scenes was very very well done, I was impressed.  On the other hand, there were definitely some scenes that I thought were bare, as in lacking props.  The stage almost seemed too big for what was going on.  But other than that, very well done.  I'm doing the Coldest Night Of The Year walk tomorrow, I reached my goal for raising money, so I'm pretty happy.  My school's semi formal dance is tomorrow ("go to school on a saturday?" as my brother said), but I decided to do the walk instead.  Yeah, that's right.  Making myself look good by walking 5km (that's right, 5km [not actually that far I'm sad to say...]) and raising money for homeless people instead of going to a dance.  To be honest though, dances don't really appeal to me that much, so it's not that big of a deal, like I'm making it seem.  Oh well.  Might be kind of lonely while walking.  I mean, my youth group will be there, but I don't know how much of them are going to show up.  My friends who come to youth group with me said they would do the walk, but they decided to go to that dance instead.  (Honestly, I'm not that surprised, but don't tell them I said that).  So I'm gonna bring some music to listen to and just walk along side...somebody.  There is one person who I kind of hang out and know well that's doing it, so I'll probably walk with her.   Wish me luck...we're supposed to be getting a snow storm :(
Speaking of free time (or lack thereof), did any of you notice the poll I put up?  Don't bother looking, it's gone now.  It 'closed' a few days ago.  Well, I'm guessing you didn't notice or you did and just didn't vote.  The way this connects to free time BTW is that the poll asked what you do with your free time.  Only one person voted and they voted for '...what free time?!?'.  :D Sometimes I couldn't agree more. 
This is a picture of The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss.  I really want to see the movie!

1 comment: