Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Saturday 11 February 2012

You Can Finally See What I've Been Talking About

Sunset at Sea - Hassam


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is it!  This is my final art project.  I was going to do the entire box, but I was running out of time so I just did the two sides.  The one at the top is the painting it was based off of.  The second and third pic are of the two sides I did, and then the last one is just on an angle so that you can see the box.  The two sides that I did are opposite of each other.  I think it turned out pretty well, I like the sea part the best.  I used three mediums (as required for the project): pastel (for the sky), ink (for the TADRIS), and acrylic (for the sea).  It's 12"x12", in case you were wondering.  Still don't know what I got on it mark-wise, we get our report cards next week.
Sherlock was amazing!!! A little on the scary side, it was based off Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hounds of the Baskervilles.  Which has big dogs that eat people. Or more like a person.  (Remember, the Sherlock I watch by BBC is a modern take on the stories).  Anyways, when you finally saw the dog (which wasn't until there was like 10 mins left of the show (each episode is two hours including commercials)), it was pretty scary.  I was in my basement and there were no lights on and it was late at night, and lets just say I jumped a few times.  It's amazing how much TV shows can build something up and make you think that something bad is going to happen.  Can't wait for the next one! Which, sadly, is also the last one.  That's the one thing I don't like about Sherlock, each season only has three episodes.

2 comments:

  1. great work heather! i would love to be able to paint/create like that. thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete