Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Monday 19 March 2012

Facebook

NOT ALL OF US!!!!!!! GEEZ
I wish I was on Pinterest though :(
OMG I hate Facebook with a passion!!!!!!!!!! (also companies who require Facebook for some of their services. ) Cause I am part of a quickly dying species: I DON'T HAVE FACEBOOK.  Whenever people ask if I saw someones post or update or ask if I liked what they liked, I say I don't have Facebook.  Then it's all "What?!?! Really? Wow... You should get Facebook."  Yeah, thanks for the suggestion.  Did you know that the average person spends over 800 minutes on Facebook a month? That's like half an hour PER DAY.  Ridiculous.  What a waste of time. (Not that I don't waste time on other websites).  Let's look at Pinterest for example.  I just found out about it today and thought it looked cool so I wanted to sign up.  First of all, you have to be invited to join (which is how I found out about it, because I was offered an invitation) or you are put on a waiting list.  So using my invitation, I clicked on sign in.  Only to find, you guessed it, you sign in though Facebook..  Or twitter.  But guess what else? I DON'T HAVE TWITTER.  Oh, the agony.  So this is why, ladies and gentlemen (if any gentlemen read this...) I am extremely p*ssed off at Facebook and Pineterest right now.  Whenever Facebook comes up with my friends, they tell me not to get Facebook because they waste so much time on it and it's just a bunch of drama.  Now you know why I don't have it in the first place.  I'm on Facebook. Its hard not to be, really.  Cause my friends have Facebook, and they have picture with me in them, and they post those pictures.  Another reason my friends say I shouldn't get Facebook is because they would have to RE-TAG ME IN ALL THEIR PHOTOS (<-read over-dramatically).  THE PAIN MY FRIENDS WOULD HAVE TO SUFFER if I got Facebook. (note: that was a sarcasm). Ugh.  My generation sucks.  We are so unable to deal with our emotions and talk to people.  Older people, treasure what you have. (hehe older people)(not that I'm making fun of you or anything...)
Also, my math teacher has a sign in her room that looks like this: √dude
I don't know what it means...it's supposed to be funny, like a joke or pun or something, but I don't get it.  If you know it or figure it out, lemme know.

1 comment:

  1. facebook is good when you are old(er) and have friends spread around the globe but i agree, nothing beats a phone call or meeting at starbucks to get caught up. and i am ashamed to admit i knew that the sign meant "radical dude"--that makes me old(er) or a math geek. or perhaps both. sigh.

    ReplyDelete