Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 27 March 2012

We Are Small

My dad just showed me this site:
Scale of the Universe
Pretty amazing, huh?  Did you notice that Pluto isn't that much bigger than Italy? It really puts our size and everything into perspective.  Not to say that we're not important, but it makes you feel pretty insignificant, doesn't it? It makes me think of this DW quote:

It's from an episode where the Doctor goes to visit Van Gogh.  Amy (the Doctor's companion) believes they prevented him from killing himself so she hopes that when they come back to the present there will be more paintings by him, but there's not.  Amy becomes sad, and then the Doctor says that quote.  ('his' is referring to Van Gogh).  It's one of my favourite quotes.  My (DW-introducing-Sherlock-loving) friend did a sketch of the Doctor holding Amy's face and put this quote alongside it. It was so good I actually wanted to buy it from her.  But she loved it too so she kept it.  I'll have to ask her for a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment