Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Friday 1 November 2013

(Mom and Dad, I'm Sorry for This...)

Renison had a lot going on for Halloween. Like I mentioned before, there was a lot of decorating going on. There was a haunted hallway competition. We tied with another floor for most creative. The floor that won for scariest was actually really scary. (People went around to tour the floors). Oasis, the winning floor, made their floor a haunted circus. But instead of just having decorations, they actually had a tour through their floor, and all the residences of that floor was a different attraction. First of all, throughout the entire thing there were clowns crawling on all fours petting your feet. It's actually a lot creepier than you would think. Then you would go into rooms and see different things. There was a dead(?) girl in a bathtub, a big baby, a person jumping out from behind a mattress, bearded lady, black widow, and a doll. All of which were very creepy. One of my friends looked like she was about to pee herself. I was impressed and can understand why they won. One of my floormates, however, was royally pissed off. She doesn't see our tie as a win, even though it was a tie for first place. Oh well. Then there was Don trick or treating where you went around to the dons and got candy. You didn't get much, since there's only 10 floors, but it was fun. Lastly, there was a dance in the caf, but my friends and I had decided that we would go to a club earlier in the week. So that's what we did. It was a special Halloween all ages party. My friend had asked if I wanted to go, and when I found out that my closest friends were going, I decided (after being caught under attack from my friends during a moment of weakness) that I would go as well. (I should make it clear, that I was in no way forced to go to this, I decided that I would go). We took a bus down to the club in Kitchener. The bus was positively packed with people going to the club. There was a line and our friend (whose idea it was to go to the club in the first place) was scolding us and saying that we should have left earlier. But line line moved surprisingly fast. Which is good, because it was raining. Now, being the first time I've ever been in a club, I didn't really know what to expect. From the moment after I decided I would join my friends up until I was actually in the club, I was regretting my decision about going, for multiple reasons. One, being I'd never been to a club before and I was nervous. Two, I had to be up at 7AM in order to catch my bus to Stratford the next morning. Three, I didn't know if my friends would be drinking and whether I would have to take care of them. Four, I would be willingly surrounding myself with drunk people. But I kind of realized that it's basically just a high school dance on steroids. (Well, more like overdosed on steroids). So we danced and got pushed around and shoved and got sweaty. Typical clubbing, I would imagine, except for the drinking. Only one of my friends is old enough, and she didn't drink anything. So were were a sober group of friends in a club like four raisins in a bowl of milk (inside joke). This one guy tried to dance with me, and I was like, no, this is not happening, buddy. We danced for about an hour and a half, than sat in one of the booths for a while. Then two of my friends went out and danced again while me and my other friend continued to sit. When the two dancers came back, we decided to head out. We took a cab home since the buses weren't running that late. So overall, this is how I view my experience: It was ok. Definitely not worth the money I spent ($20 for the ticket, $2 coat check, $5 for the cab). I'm glad none of us drank anything. Probably won't do it again any time soon! I am currently operating on 5 hrs of sleep (and I am definitely somebody who needs a solid 8hrs of sleep). And as always with me, I feel fine (mostly) right now, but I'll crash around 4PM...
UPDATE: I totally forgot to mention a key part of my night: my outfit. Now, you already know about my costume. But I didn’t think that going to a club in a Mary Poppins outfit would be fitting. So I did a bit of a variation. I kept the shirt and bowtie, but ditched the skirt for black skinny jeans. I then used the red ribbon as an accent belt. So I was literally in the club wearing long pants, a long sleeved button up shirt, of which every single button was done up. And my hair was in a crappy ponytail. So there was that as well. :$

2 comments: