Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Saturday 22 February 2014

Dumb Left Hands?

Question Backstory: A majority of the world is right-handed (70-90% according to Wikipedia).  We do a majority of our tasks with our right hand and the left hand is noticeably less able. Some countries drive on the left hand side of the road, while others drive on the right (such as ourselves).  We use our right hand to change gears in standard vehicles. In places where people drive on the left hand side of the road (or, have right seated drivers), they switch gears with their left hand. This leads me to...
Question: Speaking about right handed people, would drivers in countries where they drive on the left hand side of the road have more-able left hands (because they use their left hands to switch gears) than those of us who drive on the right hand side (and switch gears with our right)?
Just a thought that's been on my mind...

In other Heather news, I had my FCC interview today. It went well. And I don't want to assume or get my hopes up, but if (when) they hire me, it's totally going to be for FSM (food service manager). Just sayin'.

Also, I love it when I find new Bastille music. Because I swear they are purposely not putting half their stuff on iTunes just to spite me. Makes it more exciting for me though I guess, because I get new music even when they aren't actually releasing anything. They won a Brit award, congrats to them!

99. Do you think you'll be in a relationship two months from now?
I might be, I might not be.

100. (Wow! 100 questions already!) Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
Well, Josh keeps bringing himself up because he's been texting me. About the weather. We're not even in the same city! (And for a while, we weren't even in the same hemisphere! Well, close to it at least)

Apps this good, whose got time to make friends?
- A Wake, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Evan Roman

2 comments:

  1. So glad your interview went well!! Btw...thanks for his name. I can't believe I didn't cross examine you about all that when nearly in another hemisphere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was waiting for the bombardment of questions but it never came :)

      Delete