Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Money, Money, Money

On my little expedition to the library, I also stopped at the bank to get some loonies and quarters for laundry. I was going though the quarters to see if I had gotten any special ones when a shiny loonie caught my eye. I pick it up and realize that it is an American loonie. It didn't look familiar so I wondered if it was a special design coin as well. Then I realized, the US doesn't have loonies! So now I am just very confused and wondering if I got gypped a dollar...


2 comments:

  1. This is a US $1 coin. The US has $1 coins, but they are not as popular as the loonie in Canada because the US continues to produce the $1 bill and Canada does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not impressed with their design choices. And their choice to have two representations of $1

      Delete