Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Lazy Shoemaker

My italian prof asked us to memorize a nursery rhyme about a lazy shoemaker. Now, memorizing 12 lines in a day is hard enough, let alone lines of a different language. I'm pretty good about the first half, but it pretty much falls apart after that. But! It's important to remember that
If only I had the will- and brain-power to make it happen. I'm not feeling great. I think it's a mix of the food I ate and I'm tired. Which I'm slightly confused about, because I've been sleeping fine lately. And my left forearm hurts. I'm not sure why. At first I thought it was just from leaning on it, but the feeling hasn't gone away. It almost feels like I've pulled something.
I'm going to try a new approach to memorizing this poem. I've recorded myself saying it and put it on replay in the background. Maybe it will seep into my mind. No, but then seriously, I'm going to read along with the recording and just hope for the best, cause I'm going to bed soon.

1 comment: