Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Friday 23 December 2011

:D

So I was looking up paintings cause for our final art project, we are to take a painting and alter it somehow.  It could be simply putting a fold in the painting, or you can actually change part of the painting.  So I was looking up some of Rene Magrritte's paintings, cause her paintings seem like they would be easy to change something of, and I came across this:
 
For those of you who don't understand French, its says "This is not a peep." It is a parody on this painting:
This is one of my favourite paintings.  (This one says, "This is not a pipe.")  You say, well of course it's a pipe.  Enh. (that's my wrong answer buzzer sound in words...) It is a painting of a pipe, but it is not simply a pipe.  It is for this reason that I like Magritte so much.

1 comment: