Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Thursday 1 December 2011

Vow Of Silence

Ugh, my back and my head hurt.  I hate how we have to sit on stools in chemistry, they kill my back.  Also my backpack has never had so many books in it before.  I dunno why my head hurts, just not a great day I guess.  But that's a lie, I had tons of fun in physics (remember this moment, I, Heather Woo, had FUN in PHYSICS).  We were doing a lab and we got to play with Slinkys!  Great fun, I wish I had one of the really big metal slinkies.  I might go write my G1 test today, not really nervous.  The Vow of Silence went well, I didn't speak a word all day (or text or email or anything).  I'm proud of myself.  I am usually very quiet, so I didn't think it would be too hard, but I talk a lot more than I thought I did.  My friend on the other hand came into class saying hi and everything, then my other friend (who wasn't doing it) said, "(insert friends name here)! Why are you talking?" My friend then proceeded to jump back and slap her hands over her mouth, she had completely forgotten.  She wanted us to pretend she hadn't said anything, but we weren't going to let her get away with it.  Another girl who eats lunch with us sometimes had a sticker on (we got stickers saying I am taking the Vow of Silence) but she was talking.  We were all rather confused.  She claimed she was taking a lunch break.  Yea right.  That isn't allowed, I don't think she really understand the whole point of the Vow of Silence.  We did it to support those who don't have a voice, not just a physical voice, but those who can't say what they want (eg vote).  Its not like these people have an hour to say everything they want, so she doesn't get a lunch break from silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment