Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Wednesday 12 October 2011

???

Just got back from the gym, I had a consultation with a personal trainer.  It went well, I know how to use some more of the machines now.  I've decided to go to the Salvation Army tonight, even though it might mean staying up late to get my work done.  The rest of my physics test was rather stressful - I should have done more review.  Today's song is Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5.  I don't have much to say right now, I'm panicking about my work, but nothing else going on.  Oh, maybe I should mention that a good family friend has been admitted to the hospital, please pray for him.  He has had some surgery done already, it's all very surreal.  In that sense, it hasn't been a very good week.  My grandma's friends' mom died this week.  Changing topics, I think this is a cool picture, it is kind of neon, like under a black light :)
I'm going to add to today's post.  At the Salvation Army we made casseroles for 200+ people to eat tomorrow night.  It kind of boosts your spirits, knowing you've helped somebody less fortunate that yourself.  Jon, our youth group leader was thinking it would take us hours to get everything done, but by the time I got there, there was only 45mins of stuff to do left.  Ian, a man from the Salvation Army was there and talked to us afterwards (because we had so much time on our hands) about where the food would be going, and that it is not just about making food, but that we are making someone's day better.  My mom and dad have gone to drop some baking off at our friends house.  My sister is running around the house trying to finish a project.  My brother is supposed to be in bed....  I'm planning on painting my room, I was thinking maybe white?  There would be an accent wall of colour.  My dad says I shouldn't do pure white, its too much like a bathroom.  But I think if I do a cream or off white that the walls will just look dirty?  I am currently reading Room by Emma Donoghue and I cannot believe what is happening!!!  I never thought so much would happen! Definitely a good read (I'm not done yet), but not for the, how to put it, faint hearted? Its about a somewhat taboo subject, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment