Quote

"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See

Monday 17 October 2011

Miracles

Sorry I couldn't blog last night, we had guests over then I was babysitting.  That weekend went way too fast.  Today in physics we did a lab and I was so confused. Hopefully Hyunjin (an Asian in my class) can help me figure it out...like he has for everything.... I'm about to start working on my art sketchbook for this week, an example of satire.  This is the example my teacher gave us (see pic).  I think the teddy bear is just so cute!  She also gave us the example of: Smart Phones - ruining education since 2005.  I think I'm gonna do something about texting and how it is destroying our ability to spell.  My mom is currently at the hospital visiting our family friend.  He is doing a little better, I guess, but it is still a matter of life or death.  It is very sad.  He needs a miracle.  I have a page-a-day calender of quotes.  The quote the other day was: "I have sometimes been wildly despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but though it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." - Agatha Christie.  I thought this quote was rather fitting to my family's situation. Today's song is It Will Rain - Bruno Mars. I really like this song (and not just because its related to Twilight).  So you know how on iTunes, there is a playlist of your top played songs? Well for a long time, ours was just a mix of random songs. But now it has been taken over by my sister who has listened to Jesse J's Who You Are album...brace yourselves...can you handle this...500 times. 500 TIMES. That is ridiculous. So just to prove nothing, I am going to try to listen to It Will Rain more than 500 times. Just so I can say that I have listened to one song the most.  Hopefully I don't get too sick of it :( cause I actually really like this song.

1 comment:

  1. about me saying that my friend Hyunjin is Asian, my mom thought it was unnecessary and somewhat rude to state that he is Asian. Well, I was just saying it so his name would...make more sense? I dunno. Anywho, my mom thought that I said he was Asian cause Asians are smart and that was why he could help me. Not true, he is just smart. And Asian. But they have nothing to do with each other.

    ReplyDelete